Harvard Business School today (May 10) told its most anxious applicants, those whose who have not yet been rejected or accepted yet, that it would take about 15 people off its waitlist in the next 20 days.
In an email sent to Harvard’s waitlisted candidates hoping to get a yes for the fall entering class, HBS admissions staffer Eileen Chang said the school will begin releasing decisions starting next week.
Rumors recently circulated among the jittery applicants currently in limbo that Harvard cleared 20 people off its waitlist on Friday. Chang denied that was true. “We have not made any offers to anyone from the waitlist so far this month,” she wrote. “There will be a lot of movement on our waitlist over these next three weeks.”
Typically, Harvard puts as many as 100 interviewed applicants on its waitlist as the school waits to receive answers from other candidates it has admitted. “At this time, we anticipate making approximately 15 offers of admission between now and the end of May,” wrote Chang. “This number could increase slightly after May 23, which is the response date for those admitted in Round 3. We expect the majority of our decisions to be made by May 27.”