Kelley Names Search Panel To Find New Dean
A search and screen committee has been formed to identify finalists for the position of dean of the Indiana University Kelley School of Business, Provost and Executive Vice President Lauren Robel announced today (Sept. 26).
The committee will conduct a nationwide search for a successor to Dan Smith, who will become president of the IU Foundation on Oct. 1 after serving as dean of the school since 2005. The school said the search panel will begin meeting this fall with a goal of selecting finalists by spring. Robel will appoint the dean, whose tenure would likely begin with the 2013-14 academic year.
Earlier this month, Robel appointed Idalene “Idie” Kesner as interim dean of the Kelley School; she has been associate dean of faculty and research and the Frank P. Popoff Chair of Strategic Management.
Matthew Auer, dean of the Hutton Honors College and a professor in the School of Public and Environmental Affairs, will chair the search committee, which also includes representatives of faculty who teach at Bloomington and Indianapolis, professional staff, students and alumni of the Kelley School.
“I’m delighted that Dean Auer has agreed to chair this search and that such an accomplished and committed group of faculty, staff, students and alumni have agreed to serve on the committee,” Robel said in a statement. “I am confident that they will secure strong leadership to continue the Kelley School’s rich history of excellence and extend its global reach.”
Members of the search committee are:
- Matthew Auer, dean of the Hutton Honors College and a professor in the School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Faculty, Kelley Bloomington
- Laureen Maines, chair of accounting and the KPMG Professor of Accounting
- Ray Burke, chair and professor of marketing and the E.W. Kelley Chair of Business Administration
- Jeffrey Covin, chair of management and entrepreneurship, professor of strategic management and the Samuel and Pauline Glaubinger Professor of Entrepreneurship
- Sreenivas Kamma, chair and associate professor of finance
- Martin McCrory, chair of the Undergraduate Honors Program, associate professor of business law and ArcelorMittal USA Undergraduate Faculty Fellow
- Rebecca Slotegraaf, associate professor of marketing and Whirlpool Faculty Fellow
- Sue Vargo, co-director of Communication, Professional and Computer Skills
Faculty, Kelley Indianapolis
- Julie Manning Magid, associate professor of business law
- Ken Carow, associate dean for Indianapolis research and programs and associate professor of finance.
- Augustin Ruta, an undergraduate at IU Bloomington majoring in finance and accounting, and chief of staff of the IU Student Association
- Pam Roberts, executive director of the Full-Time MBA Program and Graduate Career Services
- Grant Simpson, president of the IU Bloomington Professional Council
- Nancy Swanson, vice president-corporate of Procter & Gamble, Cincinnati, Ohio