“Sometimes applicants can sell themselves short,” reasons Isser Gallogly, associate dean of MBA admissions and innovation at NYU’s Stern School of Business. The school recently made major changes to its MBA application, including the addition of what the school is calling an emotional intelligence endorsement. “They don’t want to say something that could be perceived as bragging. Some are a bit more modest. Sometimes people can’t see their own skills objectively. I feel these EQ endorsers can do that a bit more than applicants themselves. It’s only in rare occasions where a professional recommendation will move an application to a whole other level. I feel like the EQ endorser may be able to do that for the applicant to a greater level.”
- Search Poets&Quants on Twitter Poets&Quants on RSS Feed Poets&Quants on Facebook Poets&Quants on LinkedIn Poets&Quants on Soundcloud
Stay Informed. Sign Up! Login
- by Matt Symonds, Fortuna Admissions (18 hours ago)by Linda Abraham, founder of Accepted Admissions Consulting. (4 days ago)by Karen Marks, president and founder of North Star Admissions Consulting (4 weeks ago)by Jon Frank, co-founder and CEO, Admissionado (2 months ago)
- Drill Down
- Kellogg Topples Booth To Capture First In 2017 Economist Ranking (8,701 shares)
- INSEAD Repeats As No. 1 In New 2017 Financial Times Ranking (4,431 shares)
- 10 Movies Every Business Student Must Watch (3,534 shares)
- Wharton Grad Brings Down The House (3,216 shares)
- The Most Desirable Business Schools (2,339 shares)
- Have An MBA Admissions Question? Ask Erika, Our Resident Expert (445 comments)
- Handicapping Your Elite MBA Odds (138 comments)
- Yale Alums Break Giving Mark For 2nd Year (29 comments)
- GMATs & Tech Students Hit Records At Kellogg (19 comments)
- Why More Applicants Are Retaking The GMAT (12 comments)
- Air Time Most Recent Comments
Submitted By: somsquared
Lol what else does GMAC realistically have to do? They ...
Submitted By: Thought for Bill
Bill: Thanks for the thoughtful analysis. The other interesting ...
Submitted By: OG
I wouldn't rank Queens above Rotman. That doesn't make sense.
Submitted By: OG
Riiiight. GMAC has the time, motivation and inclination to develop ...
Submitted By: Split
More anti-Trump dog-whistling, me thinks. "Brain drain"? The elite schools don't ...
- From the ArchivesView More