SiriusXM announced today (March 24) the launch of “Business Radio Powered by The Wharton School,” a groundbreaking 24/7 channel created in collaboration with The Wharton School, airing on SiriusXM channel 111.
Broadcasting from the Wharton School’s campus in Philadelphia and Silicon Valley, Wharton’s SiriusXM Channel features a wide range of original shows hosted by one of the most cited and published faculties of all top-tier business schools. Regular guests will include world-renowned executives, captains of industry, thought leaders, and battle-tested experts.
From the biggest headlines of the day to the nuts/bolts of launching a business, the advice, information, topics and real-life people/businesses explored on the channel will help listeners navigate the 21st century business world. During the first week, Wharton’s SiriusXM Channel listeners will hear an array of business leaders and notables, including: William P. Lauder, Executive Chairman, The Estee Lauder Companies, Inc.; Bob Crandall, retired Chairman and CEO, American Airlines; Tony Pontauro, former top advertising executive, Anheuser-Busch; Neil Glat, President, New York Jets; Scott McNeil, President, the Philadelphia 76ers; Don Smolenski, President, Philadelphia Eagles; Doug Duncan, Senior Vice President and Chief Economist, Fannie Mae; Stan Humphries, Chief Economist, Zillow; Mary Ellen Iskenderian, President, Women’s World Banking; Adam Bryant, Corner Office columnist, The New York Times; Mark Iwry, Senior Advisor to the Secretary of the Treasury; Roel de Vries, Corporate Vice President, Global Head of Marketing, Communications and Brand Strategy, Nissan Motor Company; Dave Gilboa, co-founder, Warby Parker; Anand Rajaraman, Vice President, Walmart; Andre Agassi, world’s former top tennis player;Stuart Weitzman, designer, Stuart Weitzman, and Ajit Pai, FCC Commissioner.
“We have launched a channel that connects America’s business owners, corporate executives, managers and entrepreneurs with some of the world’s greatest business minds,” said Scott Greenstein, president and chief content officer of SiriusXM in a statement. “From leading a team to turning the next big idea into a business, Business Radio delivers real-world advice and information, with every minute of the day focused on helping listeners succeed in their working lives.”
“Business Radio is an innovative way to bring the work of our faculty and the expertise of business leaders into the practical world of the listeners,” said Karl Ulrich, Vice Dean of Innovation, The Wharton School.
Anchored by professors of the school, Business Radio Powered by the Wharton School airs via satellite on SiriusXM channel 111. Wharton’s SiriusXM channel “Business Radio” will be available on SiriusXM On Demand for subscribers listening via the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones and other mobile devices or online at siriusxm.com. Visit www.siriusxm.com/ondemand for more info on SiriusXM On Demand.
Highlights of “Business Radio Powered by The Wharton School” programming include:
- Behind the Markets — a weekly, in-depth analysis of the dynamics of the stock market featuring Wharton Finance Professor Jeremy Siegel.
- Launch Pad – new ventures go live on Business Radio and listeners weigh in.
- When Things Go Wrong — listeners share customer service experiences gone awry and Business Radio gets to the bottom of the situation.
- Sports Business — listeners are invited behind-the-scenes to explore the business issues underlying the multi-billion dollar sports industry.
- Women at Work – hosts and listeners join in the conversation of innovative practices for personal and system change to help more women join, stay, succeed, and lead in the work place.
- Wharton Moneyball– hosts tackle the world of sports and discuss the process of ranking the best players, the most impressive sports streaks, and how decision makers in the game can avoid the common mistakes and embrace the data.
- Your Money– listeners get practical advice on their personal finances including saving for college tuition or planning for retirement.
- Work & Life- explores the changing world of work and ways to build a greater sense of harmony between office and home.
- Leadership in Action – business leaders from top organizations reveal steps to achieving high results through effective leadership.
- In the Workplace – Management specialists examine the workplace and the challenges faced by both business owners and job seekers and discuss the art of hiring the right people, resolving workplace conflicts, and the secrets of successful employment.