Describe yourself in 15 words or less: A positive, energetic (and sometimes loud) ESTJ, engineer-turned-consultant.
Hometown: Beirut, Lebanon
Fun Fact About Yourself: Was runner-up in a beauty pageant… if only I was few centimeters taller!
Undergraduate School and Major: American University of Beirut, Lebanon – Bachelors in Electrical and Computer Engineering (Class of 2012)
Employers and Job Titles Since Graduation: Roland Berger Strategy Consultants, Middle East (from Business Analyst I to Senior Consultant II)
Describe your biggest accomplishment in your career so far: Fast-track career progression in Roland Berger Middle East (5 promotions in 4 years) – was the youngest consultant to reach “Senior Consultant II” position and act as a project manager on multiple projects
Looking back on your experience, what one piece of advice would you give to future business school applicants?
- Essays: Be honest and do not overcomplicate and overthink your essays. The Admissions Committee wants to know the real you, so the best way to do so is to tell it in a straightforward manner.
- GMAT: Practice… a lot! Estimate an average of one month to fully focus on it, and do not underestimate the English section. Devise a clear and structured daily plan which suits your schedule and try to get it right from the first time because that four hour test and the preparations for it are simply a painful process.
- Recommendations: Find a mix of successful individuals, who know you, and can give different points of views about you. This means do not choose the senior guy who has only met you a couple of times, but rather opt for your direct manager or junior client who can describe you well.
- Interviews: You are almost there, relax and just be yourself!
What was the key factor that led you to choose this program for your full-time MBA and why was it so important to you? INSEAD’s strategy earned it the top 1 rank in less than 60 years from establishment, beating records of all other MBA school. Where better to learn strategy?
INSEAD’s 10-months program is simply perfect It gives me:
- A best-in-class education in half the amount of time (pragmatic)
- The world-renowned and envied close student community in Fontainebleau, where lifelong friendships are forged (social)
- A proud accomplishment recognized by the top employers worldwide (professional)
What would success look like to you after your first year of business school? Returning as a Consulting Project Manager with a new set of business skills and a long contact list of new best friends!