From Boulder, Colorado: CU Boulder Provost Russell Moore has announced four finalists for dean of the Leeds School of Business and invited the campus community to participate in public forums to be held in person and virtually.
The four finalists are:
- Sharon Alvarez, Thomas W. Olofson Chair in Entrepreneurial Studies, Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh
- Kurt Dirks, director, Bauer Leadership Center, Olin Business School, Washington University in St. Louis
- Mark Ferguson, senior associate dean for academics and research, Darla Moore School of Business, University of South Carolina
- Vijay Khatri, executive associate dean for strategy, innovation, and technologies, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University Bloomington
Last May, Moore named Yonca Ertimur acting dean of the Leeds School, following the summer departure of Sharon Matusik, who became dean at the University of Michigan Ross School of Business. In August, he named Keith Molenaar, dean of the College of Engineering and Applied Science, to chair the search advisory committee and engaged the executive search firm Isaacson, Miller.
Harvard Business School dean announces 2023 Alumni Achievement Award nominees
From Cambridge, Massachusetts: Harvard Business School Dean Srikant Datar has announced the recipients of the 2023 Harvard Business School Alumni Achievement Award. The award is given annually to a small number of alumni who represent the best traditions and highest aspirations of the School. This year’s recipients are:
- Reshma Kewalramani, MD, FASN (GMP 18, 2015), CEO and President, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Depelsha Thomas McGruder (MBA 1998), COO and Treasurer, Ford Foundation; Founder, Moms of Black Boys United
- Raymond J. McGuire (JD/MBA 1984), Former Vice Chairman, Citigroup
- Antonis C. Samaras (MBA 1976), Member, Hellenic Parliament; Greek Prime Minister, 2012–2015
- Stephen A. Schwarzman (MBA 1972), Chairman, CEO, and Cofounder, Blackstone
For more than 50 years, HBS has honored individuals whose strategic vision drives their work, whose creativity and innovation inspire those around them, whose character and values are exemplary, and whose leadership—in their careers and communities—is an example for others to follow.
The Alumni Achievement Awards will be presented on Thursday, May 25, 2023, as part of the School’s Commencement ceremony.
Stanford GSB: Latino-Owned Businesses Outpaced Revenue & Growth Rates of White-Owned Businesses in 2022
From Palo Alto, California: The Stanford Latino Entrepreneurship Initiative at Stanford Graduate School of Business, in collaboration with the Latino Business Action Network, released the annual State of Latino Entrepreneurship research report last month highlighting the latest trends in Latino entrepreneurship in the U.S. According to the report, U.S. Latinos continue to strengthen the American economy by creating employer businesses at a faster rate than white-owned businesses and have outpaced the revenue and job creation rates of white-owned businesses and American businesses at large. The findings will be presented today at the annual SOLE Summit at Stanford GSB.
“The 8th annual SOLE report highlights the remarkable achievements of Latino entrepreneurs whose success is reflected in the rapid growth of new businesses, creation of jobs, and their ability to adapt business practices in the aftermath of the pandemic,” said Barbara Gomez-Aguinaga, PhD, associate director, SLEI. “Spotlighting the disparities between Latino and white business owners in accessing capital and government and corporate contracts provides the starting point to address these issues that prevent Latino business owners from reaching their full potential.”
The annual report is based on a national survey of more than 10,000 business owners — approximately 5,000 Latino-owned employer businesses and 5,000 non-Latino, white-owned employer businesses, which served as a benchmark comparison group.
DON’T MISS EXPERIENCED GRADS OF THIS TOP FINANCE MASTER’S PROGRAM MADE NEARLY $150K TO START
Comments or questions about this article? Email us.