Penfolds invites promising entrepreneurs to compete for “Maximum Funding”
To celebrate Penfolds’ first chief winemaker, Max Schubert, who pioneered the Australian wine industry, Penfolds extends promising entrepreneurs the chance to compete for $33,000 in capital investment to support the future success of their innovative idea.
“Maximum Funding” Competition Details
Interested individuals and organizations can enter the “Maximum Funding” competition at http://maxs.penfolds.com/ until 11:59 pm on Sunday, Oct. 22.
Applicants must be:
- at least 21 years of age and based in the U.S.
- Their enterprise must be less than four years old and have no more than $4 million in funding at the time of application.
- Additionally, the enterprise must have a live, viable product or service and must be able to describe how it is innovative, disruptive and exciting.
All applications will be reviewed by a team of Penfolds Max’s representatives and an esteemed panel of judges from an array of respected technology and business firms. Entries will be judged on:
- the strength of their team,
- and commercial viability.
The top 10 applicants will be announced on Oct. 30, at which point the public will have an opportunity to influence which idea makes it to the final round of consideration. Live voting will be held Oct. 30 – Nov. 19 at http://maxs.penfolds.com/
- Three finalists will be announced Dec. 4 and receive awards of $5,000 each.
- The judging panel will announce the winner and award an additional $33,000 on Dec. 14.
Penfolds Max’s has enlisted the support of innovation-focused companies and higher education institutions to bring the “Maximum Funding” competition to fruition. In addition to its primary partner Tech.Co, Penfolds Max’s has established in-kind partnerships with the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at The University of Texas at Dallas, Poets & Quants and Bluestein + Associates.