Mr. Double Bachelor’s Investment Banker
My academic and professional journey is one that of a river with a persistent flow. Such flow of a river can cut through the hardest of rocks. So is my hope, that my persistence cuts through the impediments and helps me get one of those big 3 B Schools.
I have been admitted into BITS Pilani Dual Degree. I was too involved with other subjects (robo club, heading climate club, model G20, poetry, music etc.) and I performed really horribly (CGPA 7/10). Still, I interned at GS.
I worked at a local NGO for 1.5 yr, and at my failed venture for 1 year. I then rejoined GS as an IB Front Office Analyst.
I enrolled for another Bachelors’s in Commerce and received a 3.9 GPA and cleared CFA Levels 1 and 2.
Undergrad School: Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Undergrad Major: Business Administration
Age: 28, Ethnicity: Asian or Indian
Other Degree/Certification: B.E. (Hons.) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with M.Sc. (Hons.) in Biological Sciences
School Name: Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (Hyderabad Campus)
Extracurriculars: A YouTuber, with 100k subscribers, and almost a million views, who acquaints people with history/politics/economics/life with self written vernacular literature. I am a coin enthusiast, not bitcoin, just a good ol' love for metallic and terracotta coins. I even have a review article on the topic on arXiv (yet to be peer reviewed). I love music and have a Trinity's Foundation Level Music Certificate in Drum Kit & Percussion.
Title: Goldman Sachs
Industry: Banking & Finance
Company: Top Firm
Length of Employment: 3 yrs
Title: Local NGO
Industry: Nonprofit / B-Corp
Length of Employment: 1 yr, 6 mos
Big Life Wins:
1. Enrolling myself for a part-time bachelor’s again at the age of 25 and completing it at the age of 28 with a 3.9 GPA.
2. Getting into the coveted Goldman Sachs IB Front Office Analyst program after my 1.5 yr stint at a local NGO and 1 yr of failed venture.
3 Earning my Trinity Music Certificate.
4. Hitting 100k subscribers on YouTube.
Post MBA Goal:
1. To further my work in Investment Banking. Better geography (WHEM), better deals.
2. To help scale those businesses which promote sustainability intensively, either through my role in IB sector, or by going into Private Equity.
3. Build a tech-savvy not for profit venture which puts sustainability as its top priority, transforming the lives of those who are impacted by climate change, because I’ve been impacted by it too.