Mr. “GMAT” Grimly Miserable At Tests
I was part of one of Columbia’s dual degree programs and spent 2 years abroad learning a fun mix of various social sciences. While in undergrad, I started a venture in China, delivering offline experiential learning to 100K+ students, grade 8-12.
Work in Asia has allowed me to enjoy experiences spanning education, film, design consulting, and now healthcare.
I am taking the GMAT in two weeks. I was not the best test taker before, but I am hoping for the best.
Undergrad School: Columbia
Undergrad Major: East Asian Studies, Polisci
GMAT: TBD - Aug. 31
Age: 27, Ethnicity: Asian or Indian
Other Degree/Certification: MA, Economics & China Studies
School Name: Peking University
Extracurriculars: Intramural swim: Captain & Coach, and apart of an Asian interest club.
Title: Product Innovation Lead
Company: Post IPO Healthtech
Length of Employment: 2 yrs, 2 mos
Title: Marketing Manager
Company: Film & Visual FX
Length of Employment: 1 yr, 1 mos
Big Life Wins:
– Received prestigious MA fellowship in China; was heavily involved in new learning design at my uni.
– Founded a fully funded 2-week design thinking camp for incoming freshmen to identify on-campus problems & shape an improved experience.
– Became friends with someone over a hummus recipe, ended up running a campaign to save his life two months later.
Post MBA Goal:
– Expand & deepen the impact of design in nascent industries.
– Reconnect w/ US & EU market; facilitate more substantive partnerships w/ Asia.
– Help partners navigate the ever-evolving maze of the China market / system.