Video of the Week
Acing the MBA Interview: A Workshop
Source: MBA Mission
Poets and Quants for Undergrads
Should Alcohol Be Allowed at Work?
While most companies refrain from allowing consumption of alcohol on the premises, there are some arguments for changing that policy.
Reasons for allowing drinking at work include:
1. It’s an incentive to show up.
2. It reduces stress.
3. It leads to more honest communications.
4. It reduces complaints about low pay.
5. It cuts down on time off because you can work with a hangover.
6. Employees tell management what they think, not what management wants to hear.
7. It helps save on heating costs in the winter.
8. It encourages carpooling.
9. Increases job satisfaction because if you have a bad job, you don’t care.
10. It eliminates vacations because people would rather come to work.
11. It makes fellow employees look better.
12. It makes the cafeteria food taste better.
13. Bosses are more likely to hand out raises when they are wasted.
14. Salary negotiations are a lot more profitable.
15. Suddenly, farting during a meeting isn’t so embarrassing.
Source: Digital Dream Door
Tweets of the Week:
Meredith Stemen @MeredithStemen
Pretty lights in the business school building (jk it’s the stock ticker)
Laramie Sissons @LA_RM
If business school teaches you anything it’s how to send 1 billion emails per day! #lifeskills