Berkeley Haas | Mr. Biz Human Rights
GRE 710, GPA 8/10
Harvard | Mr. Food Tech Start Ups
GMAT 720, GPA 3.5
Harvard | Mr. The Builder
GMAT 740, GPA 4.0
Harvard | Mr. International Oil
GMAT 710, GPA 3.7
Chicago Booth | Mr. Overrepresented Indian Engineer
GMAT 740, GPA 8.78/10
Darden | Mr. Program Manager
GRE 324, GPA 3.74
Harvard | Mr. Consulting To Emerging Markets Banking
GRE 130, GPA 3.6 equivalent
Harvard | Mr. Comeback Kid
GMAT 770, GPA 2.8
Stanford GSB | Mr. Greek Taverna
GMAT 730, GPA 7.03/10
Harvard | Ms. Biotech Ops
GMAT 770, GPA 3.53
NYU Stern | Mr. Development
GMAT 690, GPA 2.5
Chicago Booth | Mr. Energy Operations
GRE 330, GPA 3.85
Harvard | Mr. Big 4 To Healthcare Reformer
GRE 338, GPA 4.0 (1st Class Honours - UK - Deans List)
Wharton | Mr. Steelmaker To Consultant
GMAT 760, GPA 3.04/4.0
Duke Fuqua | Mr. Indian Quant
GMAT 745, GPA 9.6 out of 10
Stanford GSB | Mr. Food & Education Entrepreneur
GMAT 720, GPA 4.0
Harvard | Mr. Standard Military
GMAT 700, GPA 3.74
Harvard | Ms. Gay Engineer
GMAT 730, GPA 3.6
Harvard | Mr. Lieutenant To Consultant
GMAT 760, GPA 3.7
Duke Fuqua | Mr. IB Back Office To Front Office/Consulting
GMAT 640, GPA 2.8
Tuck | Mr. Infantry Officer To MBA
GRE 314, GPA 3.4
Rice Business | Mr. Future Energy Consultant
GRE Received a GRE Waiver, GPA 3.3
Berkeley Haas | Mr. Campaigns To Business
GMAT 750, GPA 3.19
MIT Sloan | Mr. Special Forces
GMAT 720, GPA 3.82
Columbia | Mr. Fingers Crossed
GMAT 730, GPA 3.2
Harvard | Ms. Egyptian Heritage
GRE 320, GPA 3.7
Harvard | Mr. Investor & Operator (2+2)
GMAT 720, GPA 3.85

Exclusive Study: Nearly Half Of MBA Employment Start Dates Delayed

About 70% of graduating 2020 MBA students have already accepted a full-time position. That’s the good news. But of those, nearly half (44%) report having their official start date delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic, with delays ranging from a month to more than half a year.

That’s according to an exclusive survey of registered Poets&Quants readers that we conducted between May 4 and May 25. We collected nearly 500 responses from current and recently graduated business students to see how the coronavirus is impacting summer internships and full-time employment among MBA students.

For those with delayed start dates, the most common timeframe is a delay of one to three months, which was reported by 47.8% of respondents. The next highest percentage (17.9%) reported having their start dates delayed three to six months. Some 16.4% said their delayed start date was still “to be determined.” Another 13.4% say their start date has been delayed by one month or less. And about 4.5% say they’ll be starting more than six months later than their originally planned start date.

While the number of students reporting delayed start dates is troubling, just 6.9% report having full-time job offers rescinded altogether. However, a sizable percentage (40.2%) say they know someone personally at their business school who had their job offer rescinded.

 

 

Concern is high for graduating MBAs that have not yet accepted a job. Survey respondents were asked to rate their “level of concern” on a 1-to-5 scale about landing a job within three months of graduation if they hadn’t already accepted a position. Some 41.4% rated their concern level a 5, indicating that they are “extremely concerned” about landing a position within three months of graduation. Another 27.3% answered 4. Just 31.25% answered with a 1 (not concerned), 2, or 3. Take out the 14.8% that answered a 3, and only 16.4% of respondents are feeling little or no concern about locking in a job this summer.

Interestingly, 34.8% of respondents say they regret turning down a job offer. The remaining 65.2% say they don’t regret turning down a job offer. Those numbers may change should job hunting not go well this summer.