Ms. Latino Telecom
- 710 (47Q/42V) GMAT
- 7.8/10 GPA (top 25% of graduating class)
- Undergraduate degree from a top Latin American business school
- Work experience includes founder of a business with five employees; then worked three years in multinational telecom company in the planning department (worked closely with infrastructure deals and became passionate about real estate)
- “I was promoted two times in less than three years and won two awards (VP and director level awarding them) at my company ”
- Essay addressed that “I would like to use my MBA to dive deeper into the real estate sector” and covered “female empowerment in my business (with examples of my employees) and how HBS will allow me to further this female empowerment ”
- 28-year old Latin Female
Sandy’s Ding Analysis: Your stats are slightly below HBS averages and a good deal of the outcome could turn on what they think of your current company and job.
You worked three years in a multinational telecom company in the planning department and that seems fine. But this could also turn a bit on what Latin American country you come from, or whether you are a U.S. citizen with a Hispanic surname (a possibly better profile that would have given youb some advantage).