The Most Beautiful Business Schools
If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then many business schools are wonders to behold!
If you’re like me, you probably attended college in cramped, cold, grubby classrooms that had a faint mildew odor left over from the Eisenhower years. But how you look is who you are these days…and business schools are visually branding themselves like no other. I can only imagine being a student in these schools, surrounded by historical and cultural influences from the Victorian to the Mediterranean. Their elements catch your eye, pull you away from your troubles, fire your creativity, and remind you of a whole larger world outside your confines.
Any architect can include stone, brick, concrete, wood, limestone, tiles, glass, and steel into their designs. But it’s how these elements are arranged and weighed that reflect genius. The best designs integrate space, natural light, textures, hues, curves, and edges to create something friendly and familiar, yet original, stunning, and inspiring as well. Some are nestled into hills overlooking oceans with palm trees, courtyards, and waterfalls. Others are carved into castles or opulent aristocratic estates (replete with gargoyles). Inside these schools, you’ll find spacious atriums, stock trading rooms, technology labs, and amphitheatres alongside stucco walls, scenic walkways, and intimate study spaces.
From futurist chameleons like the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology to the stately Jeffersonian columns of the Darden School of Business, these schools are iconic centerpieces of their campuses…if not their surrounding communities. And forget lean-and-mean. These schools are LEED-and-green, recognizing that environmental ideals can enhance air flow and reduce energy costs.
So what are the 50 most beautiful business schools? Here are the top 10 according to Topmanagementdegrees.com:
1. Tom and Vi Zapara School of Business, La Sierra University, California, USA
2. LeBow College of Business, Drexel University, Pennsylvania, USA
3. Harvard Business School, Harvard University, Boston, USA
4. University at Albany School of Business, New York, USA
5. Nyenrode Business University, Breukelen, Netherlands
6. London Business College, London, U.K.
7. Smeal College of Business, Pennsylvania State University, USA
8. UCLA Anderson School of Management, University of California Los Angeles, USA
9. Ashridge Business School, Hertfordshire, U.K.
10. E. J. Ourso College of Business, Louisiana State University, USA
For images and descriptions of the 50 most beautiful business schools, click on the link below.
Comments or questions about this article? Email us.