New York University, Stern School of Business
Describe yourself in 15 words or less: I am a consultant with an adventurous, restless and sustainability-conscious heart
Hometown: Originally born in Jilin, China. I’ve lived in Hong Kong and Shanghai.
Fun Fact About Yourself: I survived the fastest roller coaster in China, and cried for 20 mins before getting on the second time.
Undergraduate School and Major:
Jilin University, B.B.A
The University of Hong Kong, Economics
Employers and Job Titles Since Graduation:
- SAP, Management Trainee Program, Account Executive
- PwC Management Consulting, M&A Advisory
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Strategy Consultant
Describe your biggest accomplishment in your career so far:
- Over-delivered $2 million+ profit by selling software-related offerings, doubled gross profit target and won Early Talent of Greater China Award.
- Worked for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and developed a China-Africa infrastructure strategy that was presented to the global leadership team.
Looking back on your experience, what one piece of advice would you give to future business school applicants? Begin with the end in mind for your job and life, and always be honest about yourself.
What was the key factor that led you to choose this program for your full-time MBA and why was it so important to you? Whenever I am thinking of New York, I come up with the song “Empire State of Mind.” NYU Stern is at the center of the world and connects me to NYC: a 24/7, year-round hub which can give me the keys to realizing my dreams. I am looking forward to unparalleled access to Silicon Alley and interactions with the world’s best minds!
What would success look like to you after your first year of business school? NYC is such a social town, a hub of capital, a center of inspiration with new rounds of fundraising, acquisitions, and startups forming every day, and I want to take the opportunity to grasp as much of it as I can!
Related Stories In Our Meet The Class of 2019 Series: