Subscribe | Login
Wharton at University of Pennsylvania
Brand Management and Development
Nonprofit and Social Enterprise
It must be something in the water… Doris credits growing up in Silicon Valley for her lifelong interest in entrepreneurship.
Prior to business school, Doris spearheaded the global non-profit organization Ashoka’s search and evaluation efforts for high-impact social entrepreneurs in Mexico and Central America. After receiving her MBA in Entrepreneurial Management from Wharton, Doris is now building her own business at the intersection of real estate and hospitality: she has partnered with an investor to open a New York-themed food hall (a collection of mini-restaurants under one roof) in Manhattan.
Before becoming an entrepreneur, Doris worked in various corporate functions at Godiva Chocolatier, including marketing, innovation, finance, and strategy. She also holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from Harvard and a master’s degree in Latin American economics from Oxford.
Outside of work, Doris recently completed her bareboat certification for sailing, which allows her to charter sailboats without a skipper; she can’t wait to explore all the new travel horizons that sailing opens up! She also plays tennis and volleyball, which both play important roles in working off all the calories she consumes while diligently eating her way through New York City’s incredible restaurant scene.
Admissionado is a results-driven MBA admissions consulting agency. We have a lust for smart ideas and tactics that – quite simply – work. We embrace a two-person specialty approach to consulting, leveraging the talents of strategic business geniuses with masters of writing. Browse through our website to get a sense of our style, our process, our team, and our case studies. We’re a no-nonsense crew, committed to delivering a boutique experience that stretches potential and earns admit letters.
We offer three different packages to accommodate individuals with different needs and budgets. Our Gold and Platinum packages include everything under the sun: deep strategic guidance plus comprehensive essay development, along with all the supporting elements such as interview prep, resume and LOR support, and unlimited access to your MBA consultant. We also offer a more economical Silver package (starting at $3,250) for those who prefer a more targeted experience: deep strategy plus comprehensive essay development (and the flexibility to add on any individual elements as needed).
10=Without Hesitation, 1=I would advise against it.
Select "N/A" if you are a career coaching client only.
The information below is for P&Q verification purposes only. It will not be published. We may email you to verify parts of your review but you will not be added to our email list. Incomplete reviews will not be published.
Please upload a pdf, png, jpg or gif file.
Indian (with US citizenship), Engineering degree from an Indian university (not a feeder school per se, Non-IIT-ian), non-consulting or finance background, 710 GMAT and here I am with an admit to Wharton, Ross with $$$ and waiting on a couple of more results for the class of 2023. The problem I faced was that I didn’t know how to approach the application. How do I put my best version out there? Coming from a highly competitive applicant pool and how can AdCom look at my application and say “okay, this guy is unique and let’s give him a shot”.
I looked over multiple options for my admissions consultant and finally decided on Admissiondo because of three reasons:
1) They didn’t sugarcoat anything. Doris was spot on my strengths and wasn’t shy in mentioning the pitfalls and weaknesses in my application. This did wonders in my applications as I knew (through Doris of course) how to navigate my weakness.
2) She was candid, open and really gave multiple scenarios and approaches that we could take to make my profile unique and cater to the top schools
3) Doris herself graduated from WHARTON with her undergrad from HARVARD and OXFORD – I mean, she knows what she is doing right? She has seen the M7 graduates, and she knows what AdCom is looking for
I understood from that first conversation that she will work hard to make my application as best as I could get, and I wasn’t wrong. After our initial call, we started the process with the strategy call and the client questionnaire. The one thing I really liked about this was the final product – an action plan which provides my top 10 greatest strengths, a unique spin on my application, and some smart methods of making me stand out from the crowd.
Throughout the process, she challenged me on my personal and professional resumes to understand my goals and connect my education, experiences to my passions and my motivation. She was with me, answering my questions and concerns as we navigated the process (I feel like she doesn’t sleep… I’ve received emails from her at 1 AM and 2 AM in the morning haha) and my application went from a confusing mess to a polished, well-thought-out material, including my resume, essays, and LORs, for the M7 schools.
Results: Admits from Wharton and Ross, interview invites from all the 5 schools that I applied to, including HBS (Waiting on the results. fingers crossed).
If you’re ready to work hard and challenge yourself and want the best guidance possible to get into your dream school, I highly highly recommend Doris and the Admissionado team to you
I thought the Admissionado team did a great job. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to work with a consultant. The team was very friendly and easy to work with.
I met the Admissionado team this summer/fall. From the first moment, the entire team, led by Claudia, showed an outstanding interest in my profile and were always available to address all of my concerns.
The Admissionado team has a very easygoing and friendly attitude, which makes the process much more pleasant. You truly feel you’re surrounded by people who care about you and help you make the best decision, rather than seeing you simply as a client. I cannot stress enough how important this is. When you’re deciding where to spend the next two years of your life and a hefty amount of money, talking to people who know this world well and that treat you with genuine interest, going the extra mile to understand you, is invaluable in order to make the right decision.
When I first spoke to Doris I was astonished by how accurately she had read me, from just the briefing I had sent the team. She has an impressive ability to understand you and to put herself in your shoes and is extremely intelligent.
The MBA application process is, for the most part, exams and self-exploration. For the latter, you need someone whom you feel comfortable with, that shows a genuine interest in you, and that has a strong and fresh understanding of the business school.
Doris has another great advantage, having graduated not too long ago from Wharton. This translates into her having a more up-to-date perspective of the MBA application process and the nuances of these schools.
When you work with Admissionado, you feel as though you’re working with an extremely bright but down-to-earth and friendly group of people. Working alongside Doris ensures that your profile will be thoroughly studied and understood and that you’ll have someone to help put your story into words in a compelling way. Plus, she is someone very pleasant to work with, and that’s crucial in this process.
I highly recommend Admissionado and Doris.
First things first. I purchased the Junior Deluxe Package, plus the resume, LOR support and interview support from A La Carte Services. In Round 1, I applied to LBS and Haas, and I received the offer from LBS and just finished the Haas’s interview.
I am extremely pleased with my experience with the Admissionado team and I would recommend it and my consultant Doris Huang to every one who is seeking admission services! Here I want to organize my review by highlighting Admissionado’s flexible packages, well-operated process, and insightful contents provided by my consultant.
1. Packages: Admissionado provides a set of very flexible services to choose from, which takes into account the diverse needs of applicants. Since I am not so much into unlimited phone call access, I chose the Junior Deluxe package. Also, to secure my application, I added resume, LOR and interview support from their A La Carte Services so that they could look at my application from a holistic view. Moreover, the prices are acceptable as well, compared to some firms charging insanely high prices for almost the same kind services. So I think you can always pick up the most suitable services that best fulfill your needs and budget.
2. Process: As a management consultant myself, in my work I am always trying to find the most efficient process to do things, and I have to say Admissionado’s process is very well-designed and reliably operated, during which I could not find a single flaw. After I registered my info on their website, I was soon matched with my consultant Doris in just a few hours. In the complimentary call, Doris reviewed my profile and addressed both my strength and weakness in the profile, and some smart initiatives to position myself to stand out. Then the formal process started, including the client questionnaire and the strategy call at the beginning. Then I got my action plan, a branding document guiding me through the following application process. When it comes to the essay/resume/LOR editing, they followed a very strict turnover time of 72 hours and my consultant and editing specialist usually returned the edited documents even more quickly than that! Besides the edit, I regularly sent out some questions regarding to my application to Doris, and she often replied to me on the same day, which was utterly dependable. Claudia, their director of operations, oversaw and facilitated every single step and provided in-time help, which made me not feel lonely in these several months’ application process.
3. Content: I had a chance to connect with Jon Frank, the founder of Admissionado, almost 2 years ago when I first had the idea to pursue an MBA. I downloaded some free guidebooks from their site and learnt a great deal about the MBA application, which let me believe their capability. My consultant, Doris Huang, is just gorgeous. She herself is a Wharton MBA and with degrees from Harvard and Oxford. She insightfully made me highlight my people skills in my application to get rid of people’s stereotypes on Asian males, and rectified many mistakes I had in my drafts which were usually made by Chinese applicants. She also helped me pick up my greatest hits and made them stand out which I’d never thought of before. I am indeed very thankful for her and proud of the things we created together.
With the help from Admissionado, I nailed my application in just Round 1 and got the offer from my dream school. I recommend Admissionado to you without any reservation.
My Admissions Consultant, Doris Huang, is incredible and I would recommend her to anyone applying to business school. As a graduate of Wharton, and with degrees from Oxford and Harvard, she IS the sharpest tool in the shed. Every step of the way in my application process, she was right there with me. I sent her random questions/thoughts about my applications nearly every day and her responses were consistently quick, well thought out, and helpful. Her turnaround time for my essay and other application document revisions was very consistent (there is a 72-hour guaranteed turnaround, but they sometimes would return my documents even more quickly). My essays and resume went from mediocre at best to stellar by the end of it. While she never made me change my story or experiences, she made it all shine like I never thought possible, and I am confident that I would not have gotten into the schools that I got into without Doris’s help.
The Junior Deluxe package at Admissionado gave me everything I needed (branding, resume help, essay help, etc.) without some of the services I didn’t feel the need to have like someone reading through literally my entire online application word-for-word, interview preparation, nightly phone chats, etc. My package that included admissions consulting services for 4 schools with Admissionado costed the same that I would have paid for a “full services packages” for 1 school at most other companies that I looked at.
I am very proud to have been admitted to Duke-Fuqua, UVA-Darden, and Texas-McCombs, and I am excited to be a part of The Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, class of 2020, thanks to Doris and the Admissionado team!
Our Partner Sites: Poets&Quants for Execs | Poets&Quants for Undergrads | Tipping the Scales | We See Genius