Harvard Business School Online is trying its best to turn the sheltered-in-place off of such Netflix documentaries as Tiger King and reality show Love Is Blind and turn them on to building on their business skills in the wake of the pandemic. Harvard has slashed the price of its CORe (Credential of Readiness) program by 80% to just $450 to more than 50,000 undergraduate students at 30 different collaborating colleges and universities.
The ten-week program of three courses composed of business basics is the most popular online program at HBS Online. Roughly 30,000 students have taken CORe, including nearly a third of the latest entering class of Harvard MBAs. CORe can help prepare for an MBA or is ideal for students seeking a foundation in business or to sharpen their business skills (see This HBS Program May Be The Best Way To Prep For Your MBA).
The participating colleges range from Bowdoin and Colby to Wellesley and Williams. Students can enroll now and will receive a discount code by April 10 that will allow them to pay the reduced rate. The $450 cost for qualifying students for the May and June 2020 waves of CORe is a huge savings from the more typical $2,250 price.
For schools interested in joining the HBS Online Collaborating Colleges program to allow their students to access this discounted rate for CORe they can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
HBS Online is also offering a portfolio of a half dozen free business lessons from a selection of HBS Online courses. Participants can explore one or all of the following:
• Leading in Turbulent Times: Gain insights on how to become a more resilient leader through the courageous actions of explorer Ernest Shackleton
• Entrepreneurship Essentials: Develop a framework for analyzing the essential components of a venture
• Global Business: Examine the theory of government and its implications for your business
• Leadership Principles: Learn how to cultivate and lead high-performing teams
• Management Essentials: Consider decision-making as a process and explore how you can achieve better outcomes
• Sustainable Business Strategy: Understand and communicate the business case for taking purpose-driven action
This free offering consists of approximately 10 hours of material. You can access the lessons online, on your time, between April 9 and June 9, 2020 and can take all six lessons, or explore those most relevant to your interests and career.
Learners will be admitted into the program every Tuesday and Thursday, until June 4, 2020. The first wave starts next Thursday, April 9. The start date will depend on the application submission date. (If you enroll by next Tuesday, you will start next Thursday.
Click here for an overview of Harvard Business School Online’s CORe program.