31) MBAs come from all over the globe. They’ve graduated from the top schools and worked for prestigious companies in most exotic locales. This well-roundedness means they have a surplus of stories about their travels and the people they’ve met along the way. Plus, they’re probably cultured enough to order off a wine list (or understand the waiter when he curses you in Italian).
32) Unlike other graduate programs, an MBA only lasts two years. Consider it a long distance relationship, where you can take your time and build your relationship the right way.
33) Worried that you come from different worlds? Sometimes, business students just want to get away from their peer groups. And they always have something to gripe about! Provide a sympathetic ear, since their health plan probably doesn’t include shrinks.
34) MBAs are creatures of habit (and slaves to their schedule). Want to find a way into their heart? Schedule a consistent block of time, even if it’s a 6:00 a.m. Wednesday breakfast at Denny’s.
35) Your beau is almost guaranteed of success. I mean, who ever heard of someone flunking out of an MBA program (except for entrepreneurs. Then again, they’re usually the ones who eventually have school buildings named after them).
36) Unlike law students, who turn everything into an argument, MBAs tackle issues through analysis, process, and compromise. Too bad it takes forever for them to make a decision.
37) In school, you’ll witness your beaus at their best (Landing a summer internship) and their worst (Stressing over that same internship). You’ll understand how they handle stress and setbacks, so there won’t be any surprises later. (Important note: An open bar is kryptonite to any MBA. In these situations, keep an eye on your beloved at all times).
38) MBAs know how to dress! Ever see a guy in a tailored Louis Vuitton suit accented with a matching silk tie and kerchief? Or what about women in a scuba skirt accompanied by a ruffled top and jacket? Ya-Cha-Cha! They make you look good just standing next to them! Chances are, your MBA squeeze is a bigger clothes horse than you are. Who knows, maybe you can take some fashion tips from him too.
39) If the relationship isn’t working, MBA students have been trained to quickly divest. It’ll save you time and heartache in the end.
40) After sitting through lectures on mean value distributions and dividend policies, anything you say is bound to be more interesting.
41) What’s a better dating environment than a college town! From arts to athletics, there’s always something to do (even if those pesky undergrads ruin everything).
42) The business school sponsors many social activities. Heck, you can even go to prom at (with no chaperones in sight). Want to score extra points with your love? Find a blow out Halloween costume that shames her classmates.
43) Dating an MBA will stop your friends from playing matchmaker (freeing them up to play wedding planner).
44) As a whole, MBAs accrue lower debts than law or medical students. In other words, you can start living the life you want faster (even if you have to move to Hong Kong to do it).
45) Dating an MBA teaches you to be flexible. Fair or not, you work around their schedule – and it’s constantly in flux. And that won’t change until graduation. Then, it’s payback time!
46) Ever wonder how people know how to work a room? Watch your boyfriend or girlfriend in action. All those mixers are designed to help them practice schmoozing. So start taking notes. As Jack Welch says, you either schmooze or lose.
47) This isn’t 2008 anymore. No one blames your loved one for the economic meltdown (well, not until the next one, anyway).
48) After a night of binging, your MBA will have no memory of what he may or may not have promised. Cabo San Lucas, here we come!
49) Looking to impress your sweetheart’s classmates? One word: Karaoke! If you can sing, you’ll never be alone on a Saturday night (or a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday night).
50) MBAs are already on the hunt for a job. They may as well grab a spouse along the way. Call it a 2-for-1 special.
What are some other reasons to date an MBA student? We’d love to hear from you!