Describe yourself in 15 words or less: A positive, energetic (and sometimes loud) ESTJ, engineer-turned-consultant.
Hometown: Beirut, Lebanon
Fun Fact About Yourself: Was runner-up in a beauty pageant… if only I was few centimeters taller!
Undergraduate School and Major: American University of Beirut, Lebanon – Bachelors in Electrical and Computer Engineering (Class of 2012)
Employers and Job Titles Since Graduation: Roland Berger Strategy Consultants, Middle East (from Business Analyst I to Senior Consultant II)
Describe your biggest accomplishment in your career so far: Fast-track career progression in Roland Berger Middle East (5 promotions in 4 years) – was the youngest consultant to reach “Senior Consultant II” position and act as a project manager on multiple projects
Looking back on your experience, what one piece of advice would you give to future business school applicants?
- Essays: Be honest and do not overcomplicate and overthink your essays. The Admissions Committee wants to know the real you, so the best way to do so is to tell it in a straightforward manner.
- GMAT: Practice… a lot! Estimate an average of 1-month to fully focus on it, and do not underestimate the English section. Devise a clear and structured daily plan which suits your schedule, and try to get it right from the first time because that 5-hour test and the preparations for it is simply a painful process.
- Recommendations: Find a mix of successful individuals, who know you, and can give different points of views about you. This means do not choose the senior guy who has only met you a couple of times, but rather opt for your direct manager or junior client who can describe you well.
- Interviews: You are almost there, relax and just be yourself!
What was the key factor that led you to choose this program for your full-time MBA and why was it so important to you? INSEAD’s strategy earned it the top 1 rank in less than 60 years from establishment, beating records of all other MBA school… where better to learn strategy?
INSEAD’s 10-months program is simply perfect, giving me:
- a best-in-class education in half the amount of time (pragmatic)
- the world-renowned and envied close student community in Fontainebleau, where lifelong friendships are forged (social)
- a proud accomplishment recognized by the top employers worldwide (professional)
What would success look like to you after your first year of business school? Returning as a consulting project manager with a new set of business skills and a long contact list of new best friends!