Great Advice. No Nonsense.
Do I need an MBA to achieve my career goals? Should I or shouldn’t I go into consulting immediately following bschool? What should I be doing with the time between acceptance and the start of my MBA program?
If you’re one of Poets&Quants’ informed, proactive, and beloved readers, these questions are probably on your mind and, if they aren’t, they should be if you want to make the most of the wonderful but fleeting opportunity to pivot your career in the direction of your dreams.
Good news! Angela Guido is here to answer these and more questions. As Poets&Quants’ resident MBA Career Strategy Expert and she’s got a ton of no-nonsense and thought-provoking advice for you. Angela runs Career Protocol, the web’s most refreshing destination for MBA career advice. She’s a straight shooter and she’s got answers. What’s better s that she also has questions that will help you arrive at the right conclusions for yourself.
Here’s why we picked Angela as our resident expert:
- She got her MBA from Chicago Booth where she was a Siebel Scholar
- She worked as a consultant at the Boston Consulting Group after business school
- She’s managed recruiting at two top global firms: BCG and KPMG
- She’s a teacher: ESL, GMAT and LSAT for Manhattan Prep, and salsa dancing among her credentials
- She loves people and what makes them tick: She’s MBTI® and Strengthsfinder® certified
- For the last 10 years, she’s been one of the world’s most revered MBA Admissions consultants
- In parallel, she’s coached hundreds of MBAs to discover and successfully get their dream jobs post-MBA
- She literally wrote the book on Interviews (COMING SOON)
- She leads the definitive pre-MBA Career Prep course, YOMO: You Only MBA Once (So you’d better make it count!)
Got a question? Angela will get back to you with her signature style that we sometimes describe as brutally honest but always inspirational and encouraging. She’s ready to offer advice to help propel your career to your destination of choice. So, what are you waiting for? Fire away!