Mr. Average Commercial Banker
I am a Singaporean and was a nontraditional student in a US college after serving 2.5 years of military conscription. I graduated at 26, and have 9+ years of experience in financial services and real estate development. Currently, I am at Japan Desk serving the financial needs of corporate clients in Singapore. I am considering an EMBA and similar programs in the US.
Undergrad School: University at Buffalo, SUNY
Undergrad Major: Business Administration
Age: 36, Ethnicity: Asian or Indian
Title: Relationship Manager
Industry: Banking & Finance
Length of Employment: 4 yrs
Title: Commercial Analyst
Industry: Real Estate
Length of Employment: 9 mos
Big Life Wins:
– Above-average performer in my current company, usually meeting performance targets every year.
– One of the few non-Japanese employees who can speak fluent Japanese (self-taught).
– Completed secondment assignment at my current company’s HQ in Tokyo. I was one of 6 secondees selected globally during the year.
Post MBA Goal:
– Switch locations to Japan/Hong Kong and maintain a strong career trajectory in Corporate & Investment Banking in East Asia.
– To become a practice leader, providing financial advisory services and products to support businesses expanding in East Asia.