Ms. Consultant To Impact Investor
I’m a consultant looking to transition to impact investing / impact VC. Played a critical role in building out a team, capabilities, and a client base for a nascent industry vertical at my current firm. Spending January – July ’22 working at a social enterprise in Asia (maybe virtual), honing skills for a future impact VC role that the MBA can accelerate.
Undergrad School: University of Pittsburgh
Undergrad Major: Economics & Psychology
Age: 26, Ethnicity: Asian or Indian
Extracurriculars: Pro bono consultant for a women's shelter - execute fundraising strategy, advise board on growth strategy, volunteer on helpline. Led several firm initiatives for pro bono work and CSR, ranging from local office projects to influencing global CSR policy. Organized several community fundraisers during the height of the pandemic, raising over $2k by selling knit scarves and physical training sessions.
Company: Top Firm
Length of Employment: 4 yrs
Big Life Wins:
1) 2 promotions in 3.5 years
2) Led office’s CSR branch for 2 years, helping negotiate $400k in pro bono consulting services and doubling office engagement in CSR
3) Rose from being a student on academic probation 1st semester to Dean’s List 5 semesters in a row by the end of my degree
4) Helped women’s shelter secure $50k in private/public funding
Post MBA Goal:
I’d like to work at an impact focused VC fund, partnering with for-profit social enterprises that operate under a gender lens.
– Over 5 years, I see myself learning the industry inside and out as a post-MBA associate
– Over 20 years, I’d like to launch and lead my own fund focused on advancements for women in last-mile communities