Subscribe | Login
I am originally from India and moved to the US for my undergraduate education. At university, I was involved on the campus by working in dining courts, taking positions as a teaching assistant, working in undergraduate research, and building business models in my entrepreneurship classes or case competitions. What can I do to increase my ECs?
Target School: Kellogg SOM
Considering: IU Kelley, Columbia, NYU Stern, Cornell Johnson
See More Profiles For: Kellogg SOM
Application Status: Open
Undergrad School: Purdue University
Undergrad Major: Computer Science
Ethnicity: Asian or Indian
Residence Hall Senator - Marketing events on social media for students, Intramural Sports | Entrepreneurship fraternity - part of planning committee for sustainability design hackathons and organized resume workshops | Awarded multiple awards such as Most Viable Business Hack Award at coding hackathons
Title: Production Analyst
Industry: Banking & Finance
Company: Fortune 500
Length of Employment: 1 yr, 1 mos
– First job at a Bay Area unicorn startup and was the first hire in my immediate team. I had the chance to work in a cross-functional setting with product, tech, and business development.
– Dealt with layoffs (45%) to find a new role at a Fortune 50 financial firm during peak layoff season
– Social media marketing for Instagram and YouTube accounts.
– 3 key areas – leadership skills, building my network, and working on personal ideas with motivated individuals.
– Short-term – pivot into tech or management consulting where I can get more leadership and management experience.
– Long-term – create a business with SMEs in social media marketing.
Join in! Click here to assess the odds of Mr. Average Tech Guy
Submit My MBA Profile
Our Partner Sites: Poets&Quants for Execs | Poets&Quants for Undergrads | Tipping the Scales | We See Genius