Kellogg | Mr. Finance To Consulting
GMAT 700, GPA 3.7
Kellogg | Mr. Boutique Consultant
GMAT 760, GPA 3.67
Harvard | Mr. Hustler
GMAT 760, GPA 4
Kellogg | Mr. Multinational Strategy
GRE 305, GPA 3.80
London Business School | Mr. CFA Charterholder
GMAT 770, GPA 3.94
Tuck | Ms. Green Biz
GRE 326, GPA 3.2
Wharton | Mr. Small Biz Leader
GMAT 700, GPA 2.61
Kellogg | Mr. 770 Dreamer
GMAT 770, GPA 8.77/10
Marshall School of Business | Mr. Strategy Consultant
GMAT 730, GPA 4.0
Kellogg | Mr. Engineer Volunteer
GMAT 710, GPA 3.8
IESE | Mr. Future Brand Manager
GMAT 720, GPA 2.8
MIT Sloan | Mr. Surgery to MBB
GMAT 750, GPA 3.4
Harvard | Mr. British Tech 2+2
GMAT 750, GPA 4.0
Berkeley Haas | Mr. Career Coach
GRE 292, GPA 3.468
Columbia | Ms. Cybersecurity
GRE 322, GPA 3.7
Yale | Mr. Fencer
GMAT 740, GPA 3.48
Wharton | Ms. Ultimate Frisbee
GRE 326, GPA 3.47
Wharton | Ms. Future CEO
GMAT 710, GPA 3.0
Chicago Booth | Mr. Inclusive Consultant
GMAT 650, GPA 6.7
Stanford GSB | Ms. Civil Servant
GMAT 730, GPA 3.3
Harvard | Mr. MacGruber
GRE 313, GPA 3.7
Duke Fuqua | Mr. National Security Advisor
GMAT 670, GPA 3.3
McCombs School of Business | Mr. Military 2.0
GRE 310, GPA 2.3
Berkeley Haas | Mr. Navy Electronics
GRE 316, GPA 3.24
Wharton | Mr. Naval Submariner
GMAT 760, GPA 3.83
Stanford GSB | Mr. Techie Teacher
GMAT 760, GPA 3.80
Ross | Mr. NCAA to MBB
GMAT 710, GPA 3.2

Best Business MOOCs For November

Intercultural Communication 2

Intercultural Communication

 

School: Shanghai International Studies University

Platform: FutureLearn

Registration Link:  Intercultural Communication

Star 2 Hours Per Weekt Date: November 9 (5 Weeks Long)

Workload: 2 Hours Per Week

Instructors: Steve Kulich, Hongling Zhang, Ruobing Chi

Credentials: A prolific researcher and author, Kulich is a distinguished professor at the Shanghai International Studies University, where he heads the school’s International Intercultural Institute and serves as the academic coordinator for its MBA program. His work has been published by Intercultural Communication Studies, China Media Research and the International Management Review. Chi earned her doctorate in communication and information sciences from the University of Hawai’i at Manoa and is an assistant research fellow at the Intercultural Institute. Zhang also teaches language at the school.

Graded: Students can purchase a Statement of Participation after completing the course.

Description: Ever hear that words only account for 7% of a message? According to one study, body language and tone take up the remaining 93%. And that’s just when you’re speaking to someone who has the same experiences and perceptions as you do. When it comes to communicating with people from other cultural backgrounds, your command of a language means even less. Here, context, history, power, and conditioning can siphon your intentions and create misunderstandings. As a result, you need to master more than the language if you hope to work or study abroad. You must also be fluent in the values and communication styles of people from a particular culture. In this course, students will develop an awareness of the inherent complexities and hidden obstacles to communicating between cultures. In particular, you will examine the concepts of cultural identity and communication – and how to apply your knowledge to identifying cultural influences that drive expectations and behavior as you build bridges and avoid embarrassing missteps.

Review: No reviews.

Additional Note: FutureLearn is also running a course called Developing Cultural Intelligence for Leadership, which starts on November 9th. To learn more about the course, click here.